Wednesday, June 29, 2011


I plan to resume posting to my blog. I started this site, my "marginal notes" a few years ago when I was working with my friends Kim McLean and Devon O'Day in their Hippie Chick Twang offices. But I got sidetracked with other projects and quickly lost momentum and motivation to write so after two entries, the blogging stopped.

My amazing sister Christie began her blogsite a few months ago so I feel challenged to rejoin the writing circle. (If you enjoy tearooms or Victorian nostalgia, I highly recommend visiting her blog at www.christiegrammyshouse.blogspot.com...it's a pure delight!)

It's my intention to share views that I believe are important, observations that make me laugh, and the poetry I've written from the heart. I hope my writing will make you think, give you a smile, or warm your soul. If I can do that for you, my friend, it's been a good day.

Here's one of my poems to start things off...


Reunion

I will not say good-bye for we will meet again
When I too cross the river of life.
I will see your dear face when I pass through the door
And enter the eternal side.

I will miss you until then and look for your smile
And listen for you in the wind.
So haunt me if you like; I’d welcome it so
If you’d follow me ‘round, my dear friend.

Please flicker the candle when there is no wind
And crunch the leaves where no foot’s trod.
Rock the chair where no warm living body has sat
And whistle a tune in the fog.

So when I am finished with travels on earth
And leave this tired body behind,
I’ll look for you in the sweet prism of heaven
And welcome your image so kind.

After we’ve talked and I’ve met your friends there,
We’ll take just a moment or two.
I’ll acknowledge the candle, the chair, and the leaves
And I’ll say, “My dear friend, that was you.”

~ Lynn

1 comment:

Christie Jones Ray said...

How very proud I am of you, my sister. The poem is beautiful...and so comforting.
Thank you for gushing over me. You are the best.
I love you,
Christie